At OpenJAUS we design, develop, test, and validate software solutions for the next generation of unmanned ground, sea, and underwater vehicles. Our software is currently running on many of the latest unmanned military vehicles and we are constantly at the forefront of field. We are always on the lookout for highly qualified team players to join our team of software engineers, project managers and administrative staff. If you enjoy working in fast-paced technology development, please apply to our open positions below.
Software Engineer (C++ / JAVA)
Lake Mary, FL
OpenJAUS has an need for a software developer who can help us improve our internal development process and tools, as well as assist with internal research and development. This could include: developing scripts to automate common tasks; writing plugins to extend existing tools; or developing full applications to accelerate our development and release cycles.
The position is located at our offices in Lake Mary, FL and you will report directly to the CTO. It does not require interfacing with customers but there will be opportunities to do so, if desired. We offer a competitive salary and benefits and we encourage growth, collaboration, and creativity. We believe that the best way to be successful is by taking care of our ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another.
Candidates will be mainly responsible for:
- Helping identify bottlenecks and blockages in the current development and release cycle.
- Assisting with the development of tools to alleviate identified bottlenecks using the most appropriate programming language or framework.
- Assisting with the development of Java-based eclipse plugins and applications to accelerate customer deliverables.
- Assisting with the development of C++ based applications to improve internal debugging and testing capabilities.
Interested candidates should have the following basic qualifications:
- US citizen (preferred) or US permanent resident
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant programming experience
- Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills
- Experience developing on and for Windows (MS Visual Studio) and Linux (gcc, Makefiles, CMake)
- Comfortable using the command-line to execute common tasks (Linux and Windows)
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to learn
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and creative thinking
Candidates with the following qualifications will be more likely to be successful:
- Knowledge of software design patterns and a basic understanding of their use
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua, Linux Bash, and/or Windows Powershell)
- Experience using version control systems; especially Git
- Experience using QT
- Experience with ROS (Robotic Operating System)
- Passionate and enthusiastic about software, and unmanned vehicles
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com