OpenJAUS Software Development Kit (SDK)
The OpenJAUS Software Development Kit (SDK) is a C++ based middleware toolkit based on the latest JAUS standards. You can use the OpenJAUS middleware on your unmanned systems. It gives you the ability to standardize your software in order to make it interoperable with other SAE JAUS based systems.
OpenJAUS is designed for software developers that want to use JAUS without needing to know the low-level details of the standard itself. With OpenJAUS, you have direct access to the C++ library source code, so you can see and control what is running on your system.
OpenJAUS Software Development Kit (SDK) Features:
- A clear and simple C++ API
- A completely open codebase. You can see all of the code and modify it to your needs.
- Compliance with the published JAUS standards
- JAUS Core, Mobility, Environment Sensing, and Manipulator services and message sets
- Customizable composition of JAUS services
- Simplified state machine architecture
- JAUS TCP and UDP message transport implementations
- Runs natively in Windows and Linux
- Dynamic configuration and discovery of JAUS components
- Events Service message engine
- Full support for additional AEODRS and IOP Service Sets
- Tested & validated by AEODRS System Test Bed
- Tested & validated by IOP Conformance Validation Tool (CVT)
- Guaranteed Compliance with any Government Program of Record
We are committed to providing our customers with the critical information they need to develop high quality software. As such we are consistently generating more documentation for OpenJAUS.
Start learning about the OpenJAUS SDK by reading below:
The OpenJAUS SDK is supported under a dual-licensing model. For commercial, government, or customer funded academic projects, users must purchase one or more commercial developers’ licenses. You must purchase a separate license for each person developing software with the SDK. You can read an example OpenJAUS commercial license agreement here. With the developer’s license you have access to read or modify all of the OpenJAUS source code.The commercial license enables development of systems with OpenJAUS that may be sold, distributed, or demonstrated to paying customers. Additionally, modifications or customization to the OpenJAUS code under this license may be owned and kept proprietary by the licensee organization. The purchased license also includes direct support.
OpenJAUS also offers a 30-day Trial of our SDK. With the trial you are limited to a single JAUS Service Set, either the AS6009 Mobility services or the AS6057 Manipulator services.
When you purchase a developer’s license, you automatically get SDK support for 1 year. Support for the SDK includes:
- Access to the latest SDK codebase (via a dedicated client portal) with all improvements and upgrades that are continually made available to you for no additional charge.
- Direct technical support for each developer’s license. This will be made available through email or phone. Additional support can be purchased if necessary.
- User’s guide and API documentation is available online and is free to the public.
- Renewed support annually at a reduced cost. This allows you to continually upgrade your OpenJAUS code to our latest versions.
OpenJAUS is dedicated to providing our customers with the most cost-effective JAUS solutions available. Built on of over 2 decades of JAUS experience and countless programs, the OpenJAUS SDK consists of over 100K lines of well designed C++ code. Contact us today to get the latest pricing information for your organization and see how OpenJAUS can help you!